Last updated on October 30th, 2020 at 02:47 pm.
1 Install WordPress on BlueHost – Latest
Installing WordPress on Bluehost is a quick step by step process.
You can also get these steps here .
- Log into your Bluehost Account
- Scroll down to the Website section
- Click on Install WordPress . This will take you to Mojomarketplace.
- You will see two buttons : Install button (green button) and Import button (dark Grey button) . You will also see the WordPress version to be installed. Click on Install .
- In the next stage, choose the domain or the subdomain where you want your WordPress website installed.
- Before hitting the green check domain button, add a directory name . This is the folder where all the WordPress files will be installed. This is optional. But I always install WP in a directory / folder. If you want to do things like me, give the directory a name. In the next video there will be a need to redirect you website to make it point to the domain without showing the folder. Watch the above video to see what I mean. If you don’t want to go through all these extra steps,leave the directory blank.
- Click on the green check domain button . If there are any errors with your domain, you will be notified. If all’s good you’ll go to the next step.
- In the next step, click on Show Advanced Options. This will enable you to use a username and password that you can easily remember . You can also change the site Name here.
- Click on I have read the Terms and then click on the Install Now button.
- Wait a while for WordPress to install. Close the popup that comes up.
- Once WP is installed you will see a Message at the top , telling you that your install is complete . And also gives you the option to view your credentials.
- Click on the Black View Credentials button.
- Scroll down , you’ll see the message : Your WordPress install is finished! credentials . Click on view , which is next to this message.
- Under the title , Step 1 , you will see your admin link and your username and password. This will be available for you for the next 12 hours. Copy them and save them somewhere else.
In the next video / post , if you installed your WordPress in a subfolder, as directed in step 6 above. I will show you one last step to redirect the website. It will be a short process .
2. Installing WordPress on other Web Host cPanel
The following steps are for a default CPanel that has not been edited or customized. WordPress installation will be similar or closely similar to the following steps.
- Log into your cPanel (Your Web Host will tell you how)
- Then Scroll down to Software section .
- Click on Installtron Application installer . Or whichever installer is being used on your cPanel.
- Then click on the Application Browser Tab .
- Scroll down . Under applications for Content Management, click on WordPress .
- On the next page , Click on Install this Application
- Under Location, choose the domain or the subdoamin where to install WordPress.
- Still under location, if you want to install WordPress in a folder, enter the folder name.If not, leave this empty .
- Under Version, choose the latest WordPress version . Choose all the other settings based on your preference. Or leave the default settings as they are.
- Under settings, create your username and password. Add your email and input your website settings details . Details such as Site Name, Site Title, Tag line and so on. These can be changed later.
- Under Advanced settings, if you know about your Databases, change things. If not, leave them as they are. Change nothing.
- Finally, click Install. And let it install.
- Once the install completes, you may log into your WordPress site.
That is how to install WordPress . In the next post, we’ll see how to redirect the website. That is, if you installed yours on a folder within your root directory. Watch the video above .