In this post / video , you will create your sub-domain . In the video, I will use Bluehost for my demonstration. If you are using Bluehost watch the short video to see how to create a new subdomain.
Subdomain is something like , blog.example.com or emails.example.com . You can create a completely new website on a subdomain.
Subdomain On Bluehost
- Log into your Bluehost account (my.bluehost.com).
- Click the Domains tab at the top of your account
- Click On subdomains link at the top of your account menu
- Enter the name for your subdomain subdomain , eg tips (watch the video above)
- Choose the domain name for which you are creating the subdomain eg bizanosa.com
- Enter the Document Root. This is where your website files will be uploaded to . This is where your website will be stored.
- Click Create
Creating subdomain on other cPanel hosts
- Log into your cpanel (Your WebHost will tell you how.)
- Scroll down to Domains
- Click on Subdomains
- Give the subdomain a name eg tips , blog etc .
- Choose the domain you want for that subdomain . eg if I want tips.bizanosa.com as my subdomain. I will choose bizanosa.com .
- The other fields will be filled up automatically. Change them if you want to .
- Click on Create .
That’s it .
If you experience any errors while creating your subDomain, Google for a solution.
In this video blog series, I will be installing my WordPress in a subdomain. It was therefore necessary for me to create the new subdomain , tips.bizanosa.com.
However, in your case, you may have bought a new domain. A new domain in which you will install your Video Blog. If that is the case for you, then you may need to skip this step of creating a new subdomain.
In the next post, you will install WordPress.
Latest posts by Ricky Wahowa (see all)
- Learn both Mailchimp and GetResponse in this Video [3 Hours] - May 12, 2017
- How Mailchimp is killing the competition - May 3, 2017
- 24 CSS Selectors – Combination Selectors , Multiple Selectors - March 21, 2017